Saturday, September 5, 2009

Summer Games - Go Rebels!




So let's see, the last time I posted we had returned from Hawaii - okay so it's been awhile. We had a terrific end of the school year and start of summer. We started it out at the Summer Games in Cedar City, UT. Evan, Taylor and I headed down with the USA Premier to see what we could do. The boys played terrific and FUN MOM was right behind them. We even had to try a little diet coke and mentos trick to get the party started!! Taylor and Rhonda have threatened to make me a t-shirt but I haven't seen one yet. The story goes that when I told Evan I could actually go to the summer games this year, because I would not be teaching, he replied, but I thought Dad was going. I said, I know but I can go this year and it would be do much fun.....his reply, but Dad is more fun... So I told Evan that I would be fun mom and we would have more fun than last year with Dad. The joke was - go ask FUN MOM she can't say no! Except for getting locked out of our room (they had to use a saws-all to get us in) it was quite an adventure. We had lots of good food, swim time and of course, soccer games. We had a pretty good record going in - but unfortunately we lost in the semi-finals to some orange team - I will not even name them!!! The refs got a bit heated but I won't just blame them - okay I'm the mom so I can blame them. The other team was even embarrassed about the refs. Hopefully they will not be back next year, but WE WILL!!! Way to go USA Rebels!

No comments: