Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Poor Toe!

Okay, so I can't get a picture of my toe off my phone and onto the computer...but hear is the story. I had just brought my 27 5th graders in from lunch and was walking up to the front of the room. I was going around a table and as I was taking a step, my shoe came off but I kept walking. I guess you could say that my baby toe did the splits around the chair leg. When I finally looked down, it was pointed straight out from my foot!! Not facing the right way! Needless to say I did not have all my faculties about me because it would have been a really cool picture to get. But I was a bit distracted from the pain and such. When I finally sat down, and I realized that I had really broken my toe, the kids were very helpful in getting me my cell phone so I could call for some help. Paula, my team teacher, Evan and a rolling chair got me down the hallway (yes laughing at how ridiculous it all was) and out to Kat's waiting car. I still couldn't look at my foot, but the shooting pain told me I was still needing a Doctor. So off we went to the Insta-Care. We hopped into the office and got a few staring looks, not "let me open the door for you," but just looks. The xray showed a nice little break right where my baby toe meets my foot! It is a fabulous shade of purple now with little red lines running up between my toes - it would be great for Halloween! So back to school I went the next day and have been crazy ever since. This is the first chance I have had to document this whole crazy thing and I will have to wait until later to get the picture on the blog. Sorry, but tune in later :)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh dear, that is terrible! I'm so sorry your toes did the splits!

Alana said...

ouchy. i hope it is almost better now!!! if not all better.... cant wait to see you guys again.