Monday, January 19, 2009

Let me explain...



You see, I'm usually pretty good at making jammies for my kids. I've been making them for years, but as you can see this Christmas was not quite up to par. Poor Dallin, as you can tell by the picture above got the short end of the stick and was not happy about it. He "posed" for this picture under duress. When he tried his on pair, they were absolutely the smallest pants ever! We tried so hard to get a picture before he took them off but we were laughing so hard we couldn't get one in time. We did however get one of Evan wearing the pants and as you can see the waist is about the same as the legs. Needless to say, I owe Dallin a better pair of jammies, which he just reminded me of. Unfortunately his next gift was totally cute football gloves and a hat, however mom strikes again and make Dallin two right hands. Okay, the lesson here is either store bought jammies next year or try them on someone before the big day!!

3 comments:

Devin and Jaclyn Stutz said...

That is the funniest blog. I wish you would have gotten a picture of Dallin too. Someday he will look back on it and laugh.

Deanna said...

I wish I could have seen Dalin's picture too. Mel, don't stop making things for those kids, even though sometimes they don't turn out. Those are the things they will remember and laugh and laugh at in the years to come. Mom used to make all our clothes too when we were little. She even made us matching outfits which I will tell you about another time unless Will remembers the story. I still laugh everytime I think of it, and wouldn't trade those memories for any store bought fit me perfect item for anything!!!

Lyndsie and Daniel said...

Hey Mel! Nice blog! I just happened to check, and was so thrilled to see updates! I'll be sure to check more often.